visit counter for blogspot

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

thoughts, april 5


Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. 
-Albert Camus
i get a lot of my day to day inspiration from quotes.  sometimes i am lucky enough to stumble upon them and other times i search them out.  this particular quote spoke to me, as there is [quite possibly] nothing better in life than a true friend.  they aren't easy to come by, and it's a kind of friendship that doesn't happen overnight.

i am interested in reading any of camus' work but haven't gotten around to it yet.  i have also quoted him in an older post.  i have been more into reading fiction as of late.  i remember that i loved to read as a kid.  i think it was because i wanted to be like my mom who devours (what seems like) a book a day.  and also for that sense of accomplishment you feel after reading the last word and closing the book.  as a child i read exclusively fiction novels... and i remember when i was introduced to non-fiction in my teens i felt that it would be more beneficial to exclusively read non-fiction.  it turns out, that wasn`t necessarily the case.  while i am still interested in non-fiction, it neglects to keep me engaged the same way a good story does.  and there is a lot to be learned from fiction, if at the very least it`s new vocabulary.  i have noticed my aptitude at crosswords has greatly improved the more i read.  why not try to you lose yourself in a book...  and if you find yourself feeling that you don`t have the time... i highly suggest reading this raptitude article... Where Does the Time Go

No comments: