visit counter for blogspot

Thursday, May 19, 2016

thoughts

What is life if we are never uncomfortable? We put so much effort and concern into avoiding discomfort. The right footwear, a warm enough jacket, an umbrella if it's supposed to rain. When is the last time you were caught in the rain without an umbrella? 

Last week it was raining heavily and as I drove along Dupont in the comfort of a dry and cozy car, I saw a cyclist completely drenched, speeding along in the opposite direction. It made me think of being caught  out of my comfort zone, unprepared. I imagined it was me on the bike, bare, cold hands gripping tightly to the slippery handlebars. Squinting as the rain whipped my face and wondering to myself...am I going to make it? I thought about how alive and triumphant I would feel when I did make it. I imagined arriving home and smiling at my reflection, soaked but with a renewed self confidence. 

I tried to remember the last time I had that feeling, and couldn't. The last time I was thrown for a loop...or challenged unexpectedly. I reflected on the amount of time I spend worrying, stressing, preparing, in order to avoid any such circumstance. I realized how much of my focus is on ensuring maximum comfort and preparedness for myself. My aversion to the unknown (or potentially feeling uncomfortable) is perhaps what guides me, and takes up a considerable amount of energy. It has me thinking that taking and/or planning for the path of least resistance is holding me back. From real and meaningful decisions and experiences. And from the feeling of truly believing in myself.

35 comments:

strawberry cough weed said...

strawberry cough weed
I love this post thanks a lot for sharing

buy my weed said...

Cheers. Wonderful stuff.
buy my weed

Ghost train strain said...

Ghost train strain
A lot of thanks for all your valuable work on this website.

Anonymous said...

This is really amazing. Great Information.
weed dispensary

Anonymous said...

very useful and informative.
cannabis dispensary near me

emskie said...

That's an interesting point of view, impressive!
edibles

cannabis salve said...

cannabis salve
Good job! Thumbs up for this blog. It gives quality of information.

Buy weed online said...

Good blog site. I absolutely love this blog. Continue the good work!
Buy weed online

Gelato strain said...

Gelato strain
Very interesting, good job, and thanks for sharing such a good blog site.

magic mushrooms said...

Such a very good idea.
magic mushrooms

acapulco gold said...

acapulco gold
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information.

cbd gummies said...

http://herbapproach.com/product/300mg-cbd-gummies-ultimate-cbd-labs/
great

dispensary said...

dispensary
Very informative and interesting. Such a great blog.

Buy Me Now said...

dab rigs canada
Thank you for sharing this blog on us. I really enjoyed reading on it.

Bruce Banner said...

Bruce Banner
Impressive! Thanks to your blog site.

Cherry Bomb said...

Cherry Bomb
I like this web site so much!

twisted extracts said...

http://herbapproach.com/product-category/vendors/twisted-extracts/
Thank you for the info.

Buy Me Now said...

thc vape juice
You have done an amazing job with your website.

shatter said...

http://herbapproach.com/product-category/concentrates/shatter/
Such a very good idea for this blog. Thank you for the valuable information.

buy weed online said...

Very interesting. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up.
http://buylowgreen.com

sweet tooth said...

http://herbapproach.com/product/sweet-tooth/
I am extremely impressed with your blog site.

Buy Me Now said...

cbd oil ottawa
I really appreciate this wonderful post article that you have provided for us.

Bmwo said...

Bmwo
I am glad to be a visitor of this perfect blog site!

buy weed online canada said...

Impressive Thanks for the post. Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up.
I like the valuable info you provide in your site.
http://buylowgreen.com

edibles said...

Really great post, i hope to see many more like this!
http://buylowgreen.com/product-category/edibles/

white castle strain said...

http://herbapproach.com/product/white-castle-strain/
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this is such a good post.

thc gummies said...

I read this post your post so nice and very informative post thanks for sharing this post
http://herbapproach.com/product-category/edibles/

Yocan magneto coils said...

Yocan magneto coils
I love your blog site and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Buy Me Now said...

twisted extracts
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful blog site.

Buy Me Now said...

twisted extracts
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful blog site.

Honey Oil said...

Honey Oil
I love your creativity, your so passionate to this job. Great work!

Where to buy CBD oil said...

I'm amazed to your blog site it’s very creative.
Where to buy CBD oil

MJN Express said...

MJN Express
I am impressed on your blog site. Keep it up!

How to Smoke Wax said...

Very interesting site with great articles.
How to Smoke Wax

Half Ounce said...

Hello! I am so happy I found your web site it’s very awesome site.
Half Ounce