visit counter for blogspot

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

the internets

I revisited this blog last week and have since spent some time wondering why I stopped posting, and whether or not I wanted to start again.  I think the most painful part of blogging is rereading it, like when you hear your voice on a recording and it sounds nothing like you. In one of my more recent posts I tried to blame Pinterest, and although I think I was trying to be funny... there is genuine correlation (from my own personal observation) between when I got a smartphone (which resulted in increased time on the internet) and disengaging from more enriching parts of life. Magical devices, but I often wonder if they do more harm than good.  While it is nice to have it by my side (at all times), it is incredibly distracting.  I have spent a lot of time thinking about ways to disconnect, I've also been thinking about ways to reconnect.  Maybe writing is one of them, maybe not, but I guess the only way to find out is to try.  I read two articles from the Globe and Mail this week that I thought seemed relevant, or at the very least something to consider:


No comments: